MATH10202 Linear Algebra A (2018-19)
This course unit is an introduction to linear algebra for first year, single honours mathematics students. The 2018-19 presentation is now finished. Information about the 2019-20 presentation will appear here in due course.
These are still the materials for Mark's part of the 2018-19 presentation of the course, and are here for the benefit of students resitting the exam. The materials for 2019-20 may change. Please let me know if you need materials in a different format because of a disability.
- Notes (with gaps to complete in lectures):
- Exercises: Sheet 0 - Sheet 1 - Sheet 2 - Sheet 3 - Sheet 4 - Sheet 5 (and that's all for Mark's half of the course)
- Solutions: Sheet 0 - Sheet 1 - Sheet 2 - Sheet 3 - Sheet 4 - Sheet 5
- Past Exam Papers: - 2015-16 - 2016-17 - 2017-18 (the format for the older exams was a little different, but the questions should still be applicable)
Additional exercises. If you want more exercises, good sources are the books....
- Linear Algebra by R. B. J. T. Allenby
- Elementary Linear Algebra by H. Anton
Podcasts of lectures are available, but these are intended as an additional resource and not a core part of the course or a substitute for attendance at lectures. The format of the lectures will be tailored to those present in the room, not to the recording, and I make no guarantees about the quality or reliability of the recordings. I recommend using the notes, rather than the podcasts, for catching up on missed lectures. If you do wish to use the recordings they can be found here.