I am responsible for teaching subjects primarily around quantitative methods and
programming in Python for business analytics. I have experience in designing, delivering and coordinating
modules at different levels (UG, PGT and PGR) with modules raning in size from 15 to 400 students.
I use a range of teaching techniques (in class and on online platforms such as Blackboard)
to ensure that lectures and seminars are not only informative
but also as interactive and interesting as possible.
Below is a summary of modules I have been involved in at AMBS.
- Programming in Python for Business Analytics
- I have developed this module from scratch together with Manuel Lopez-Ibanez. Manuel and I teach and coordinate the module jointly.
- This module is capped to around 80 students and primarily offered at PGT level
- One of the most popular modules in the Management Science group and beyond.
It attracts PhD students and occassioanally their supervisors, students from other Faculties,
and even Professional Support Staff.
- Understanding Data and their environment
- This module is run for PGT students (around 20 students), and a slight modified version for PGR students (around 16 students)
- I ave designed, deliver and coordinate this module together with two other academics. We three are from different Schools of UoM.
- Quantitative Methods for Business and Management
- This is one of the largest modules at AMBS consisting of almost 400 students.
- The module needs to be attended by all UG students studies Business and/or Management
- I was a lecturer and coordinator for this module until 2017
- Academic and Career Development
- This module needs to be attended by all UG students at AMBS
- I am one of the Seminar Leaders (Academic Advisors) for this module.
- Quantitative Methods for Accounting and Finance
- This module needs to be attended by all Accounting and Finance UG students at AMBS
- Compared to the Quantitative Methods for Business and Management module, this module is slightly more technical
- I was a lecturer and coordinator for this module until 2016
I am contributing also to other activities around teaching at AMBS and beyond including
- I have been the internal PhD examiner of Shaun Kandathil and Lei Ni
- I have served as an Academic Advisor of around 35 UG students
- I have served as am the Academic Advisor of around 20 MSc Business Analytics students
- I have served as am the Academic Advisor of around 6 MSc Data Science students
- I have designed and taught a 1-week long course (30 hours in total) on "Data-driven optimization" at the 27th Jyvaskyl̈a Summer School, Finland, August 2017
- I hold several roles related to teaching and learning. More details are provided at Service.