LMS Workshop: Bayesian Inverse Problems
23 November, 2018
International Centre for Mathematical Sciences
- Marta Betcke (University College London)
- Natalia Bochkina (University of Edinburgh)
- Sean Holman (University of Manchester)
- Marcelo Pereyra (Heriot-Watt University)
This workshop is sponsored by the London Mathematical Society, the Maxwell Institute for Mathematical Sciences and Heriot-Watt University.
The aim of this event is to bring together applied mathematicians and statisticians to discuss recent developments in Bayesian statistical theory, methodology, and algorithms for solving challenging inverse problems, with a special focus on high-dimensional and infinite dimensional settings. The goal is to promote collaboration and cross-fertilisation of ideas and techniques between these two communities. There will also be a poster session giving early career researchers an opportunity to present their work as well.
- Yoann Altman (Heriot-Watt University)
- Kody Law (University of Manchester)
- Michela Ottobre ((Heriot-Watt University)
- Tim Sullivan (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Katherine Tant (University of Strathclyde)
Please click on the titles for abstracts where available.
|10:30 - 11:00||Welcome and Registration|
|11:00 - 11:10||Opening Remarks|
|11:10 - 12:00||Tim Sullivan|
|12:10 - 13:00||Kody Law|
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch break and poster session|
|14:00 - 14:50||Katherine Tant|
|15:00 - 15:50||Michela Ottobre|
|16:00 - 16:30||Coffee Break|
|16:30 - 17:20||Yoann Altman|