Homepage of Mikko Korhonen
I am currently working as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Manchester, funded by a SNSF fellowship.
Previously I was at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, where I obtained my PhD under the supervision of Donna Testerman.
My main research interests are in group theory and representation theory.
I am especially interested in simple algebraic groups and their subgroup structure, representation theory, and various properties of unipotent elements.
- A counterexample to a conjugacy conjecture of Steinberg. To appear in Transform. Groups. arXiv.
- Hesselink normal forms of unipotent elements in some representations of classical groups in characteristic two. J. Algebra, 559 (2020) 268-319. link.
- Jordan blocks of unipotent elements in some irreducible representations of classical groups in good characteristic. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 147 (2019) 4205-4219. link
- Unipotent elements forcing irreducibility in linear algebraic groups. J. Group Theory, 21 (2018) 365-396. link
- Invariant forms on irreducible modules of simple algebraic groups. J. Algebra, 480 (2017) 385-422. link
- Reductive overgroups of distinguished unipotent elements in simple algebraic groups. Ph.D. thesis (2018). link
Tables of Jordan block sizes
Jordan blocks of unipotent elements on 2-restricted irreducible representations
|Address: ||Alan Turing Building - 2.232|
|School of Mathematics|
|The University of Manchester|
|Manchester M13 9PL|
|Email: ||email@example.com |