Dr. Yu-wang Chens Home Page
in Decision Sciences
Tel: 0161 27 56345 (Ext: 56345)
Yu-Wang Chen is Senior Lecturer in Decision Sciences. Prior to his current appointment, he was a Postdoctoral Research Associate, and then appointed as a Lecturer in 2011 at the Decision and Cognitive Sciences (DCS) research centre of Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester, and a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Computer Science, Hong Kong Baptist University. He received the PhD degree in Control and System Engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2008.
My research interests include:
· Self-Organising Computation (previous PhD research)
Current and previous PhD/DBA students (supervisions and co-supervisions)
· Hasanain Ali
· Chidinma Chukwuemeka
· Orbay Unsay
· Lihua Xia
· Lei Ni
· Cong Xu
· Cheng Luo (currently at Zhejiang Gongshang University)
· Leandro Salazar rosales (currently at ICAO Mexico)
· Khalil AbuDahab (currently at Imperial College London)
I am interested in taking new PhD students for the academic year 2018/2019. Please email me to discuss potential research topics and funding opportunities (including China Scholarship Council Postgraduate Scholarships).
Visiting PhD researchers and professors
· Qingsong Gong (Visiting PhD researcher from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, supported by CSC)
· Genke Yang (Visiting Professor from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, supported by CSC)
· Chang, L.L., Zhou, Z.J., Chen, Y.W., Liao, T.J., Hu, Y. and Yang, L.H., 2017. Belief Rule Base Structure and Parameter Joint Optimization Under Disjunctive Assumption for Nonlinear Complex System Modeling. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems.
· Gong, Q., Yang, G., Pan, C., Chen, Y. and Lee, M., 2017. Performance Analysis of Double EWMA Controller Under Dynamic Models With Drift. IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, 7(5), pp.806-814.
· Xu, X., Zheng, J., Yang, J.B., Xu, D.L. and Chen, Y.W., 2017. Data classification using evidence reasoning rule. Knowledge-Based Systems, 116, pp.144-151.
· Liu, F., Zhu, W.D., Chen, Y.W., Xu, D.L. and Yang, J.B., 2017. Evaluation, ranking and selection of R&D projects by multiple experts: an evidential reasoning rule based approach. Scientometrics, 111(3), pp.1501-1519.
· F. Ma, Y.W. Chen, J. Wang, Z.C. Huang (2016). A Novel Estimation Approach of Collision Probability for Coastal Radar Surveillance. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 155, 179195.
· K. AbuDahab, D.L. Xu, Y.W. Chen (2016). A new belief rule base knowledge representation scheme and inference methodology using the evidential reasoning rule for evidence combination. Expert Systems With Applications, 51: 218230
· Y. Yang, C. Fu, Y.W. Chen, D.L. Xu, S.L. Yang (2016). A belief rule based expert system for predicting consumer preference in new product development. Knowledge-Based Systems, 94: 105 113.
· Y.W. Chen, J.B. Yang, C.C. Pan, D.L. Xu, Z.J. Zhou (2015). Identification of uncertain nonlinear systems: constructing belief rule-based models. Knowledge Based Systems, 73: 124133.
· Y. Chen, Y.W. Chen, X.B. Xu, C.C. Pan, J.B. Yang, G.K. Yang (2015). A Data-driven Approximate Causal Inference Model using the Evidential Reasoning Rule. Knowledge-Based Systems, 88: 264272.
· G. Kong, X. Yin, T. Wang, R. Body, Y.W. Chen, et al., (2015). Current state of trauma care in China, tools to predict death and ICU admission after arrival to hospital. Injury, 46(9): 17841789.
· C. Luo, O. De Bruijn, Y.W. Chen (2014). Behavioural segmentation using store scanner data in retailing: Exploration and exploitation in frequently purchased consumer goods markets. The Business & Management Review, 5(3): 4354.
· Y.W. Chen, J.B. Yang, D.L. Xu, S.L.Yang (2013). On the inference and approximation properties of belief rule based systems. Information Sciences, 234: 121135.
· Y.W. Chen, S.H. Poon, J.B. Yang, D.L. Xu, D. Zhang, S. Acomb (2012). Belief rule-based system for portfolio optimisation with nonlinear cash-flows and constraints. European Journal of Operational Research, 223(3): 775784.
· Y.W. Chen, Y.Z. Lu, M. Ge, G.K. Yang, C.C. Pan (2012). Development of hybrid evolutionary algorithms for production scheduling of hot strip mill. Computers & Operations Research, 39(2): 339349.
· Y.W. Chen, J.B. Yang, D.L. Xu, Z.J. Zhou, D.W. Tang (2011). Inference analysis and adaptive training for belief rule based systems. Expert Systems With Applications, 38(10): 1284512860.
· Y.W. Chen, Y.J. Zhu, G.K. Yang, Y.Z. Lu (2011). Improved extremal optimization for the asymmetric travelling salesman problem. Physica A, 390(23-24): 44594465.
· J. Liu, Y.W. Chen, Y.Z. Lu, G.K. Yang (2011). Self-Organized Combinatorial Optimization. Expert Systems with Applications, 38(8): 1053210540.
Dr Chen teaches at both undergraduate and MSc levels as follows: