Playing with Existing Models
When you downloaded the tools, you should also have obtained a small
annotated dataset, which can be used to experiment.
After building the models, try the following experiments to familiarise
with the model building and search processes.
- Edit the SMD file, changing the "Colour:" to "RGB". Rebuild the model and
- Edit the SMD file, increasing the "n_pixels:" variable to 20000. Rebuild
the model and display it.
- When searching with am_markup, try displacing the model by increasing
running the search. Estimate the size of the region for which it converges
- Try loading in images of other faces - how well does the model match?
- What happens when the number of modes used in search is reduced (on the
Now try building a new model.