Modelling and Search Software: Basic Tutorial
When you downloaded the tools, you should also have obtained a small
annotated dataset, which can be used to experiment.
The data consists of three subdirectories:
- images - containing images
- points - containing points annotated on each image
- models - containing data files describing the models
To build the models, perform the following steps in a command window:
- Move into the models subdirectory
- Run the command "am_build_apm tim_face"
- Run the command "am_build_aam tim_face"
- To view the shape model, run "am_view_shape_model tim_face"
- To view the appearance model, run "am_view_apm tim_face"
- To experiment with searching, run "am_markup tim_face"
- Load in a separate test set of images: Select "File->Load Image Set", choose "tim_face_test.smd"
- Expose the search parameter panel: "Props->Search"
- Press the "Search" button to run the AAM search
- Select "Move All" in the row of buttons to the left of the main window
- Drag the model points around using the cursor
- Re-run the search
- Move to the next image using the "+1>" button.
- Play to your heart's content.
Try the following exercises to familiarise yourself
with what can be done.