Dr. Shuaiqiang Wang
Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in USA) in Information Management
Alliance Manchester Business School
The University of Manchester
Room G25, SackVille Street Building
SackVille Street, Manchester, M1 3BB, UK
Welcome self-motivated students with good programming skills (e.g., Python, R, Java, C++, Matlab, etc.) and mathematical background (the Bachelor's level, including Calculus, Linear Algebra and Statistics).
Shuaiqiang Wang is now a Lecturer in Information Management at Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester in UK. He received Ph.D. and B.Sc. in Computer Science from Shandong University, China, in 2009 and 2004 respectively. During 2009, he visited Hong Kong Baptist University as an exchange doctoral student. Before joined in the University of Manchester, he was an Assistant Professor at University of Jyväskylä in Finland from 2014 to 2017, an Associate Professor at Shandong University of Finance and Economics in China from 2011 to 2014, and a postdoctoral research associate at Texas State University in USA from 2010 to 2011. His research interests include recommender systems, information retrieval and data mining.
- BMAN10982: Information Systems in Business and Introduction to Big Data and their Manipulation
- Peizhe Cheng, Shuaiqiang Wang (co-first author), Jun Ma, Jiankai Sun, Hui Xiong. Learning to Recommend Accurate and Diverse Items. In Proceedings of the 26th World Wide Web Conference (WWW), pp.183-192, Perth, Australia, April 3-7, 2017 (Acceptance rate: 164/966 = 17%)
- Shanshan Huang, Shuaiqiang Wang (co-first author), Tie-Yan Liu, Jun Ma, Zhumin Chen, Jari Veijalainen. Listwise Collaborative Filter. In Proceedings of the 38th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR), pp. 343-352, Santiago, Chile, August 9-13, 2015. (Code) (Acceptance rate: 70/351 = 20%)
(This keyword cloud figure is generated based on the abstracts of my papers published/accepted in this year)
- Evaluation for Recommender Systems. ELIAS-Short Visit Grant (7283), European Science Foundation, 2015. Host professor: Maarten de Rijke at University of Amsterdam
- TOIS: ACM Transactions on Information Systems
- AI: Artificial Intelligence
- TEVC: IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation
- TWEB: ACM Transactions on the Web
- IC: IEEE Intelligent Systems
- IPM: Information Processing and Management
- IRJ: Information Retrieval Journal
- KAIS: Knowledge and Information Systems
- INS: Information Sciences
- APIN: Applied Intelligence
- CAIE: Computers and Industrial Engineering
- SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences (SCI, Top Journal in China)
Program Committee Member/Reviewer:
- WSDM 2018: The 11th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, Los Angeles, California, USA, February 6-8, 2018.
- CIKM 2017: The 26th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, Singapore, November 6-10, 2017.
- SIGIR 2017: The 40th ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, Tokyo, Japan, August 7-11, 2017.
- SIGIR 2016: The 39th ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, Pisa, Italy, July 17-21, 2016.
- CIKM 2015: The 24th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, Melbourne, Australia, October 19-23, 2015.
- ECIS 2015: The 23rd European Conference on Information Systems, M¸nster, Germany, May 26-29, 2015.
- SMC 2014: The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, San Diego, CA, USA, October 5-8, 2014.
- CIKM 2013: The 22nd ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, San Francisco, CA, USA, October 27-November 1, 2013.
- SMC 2013: The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Manchester, UK, October 13-16, 2013.
- IJCAI 2013: The 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Beijing, China, August 3-9, 2013.
- CIKM 2012: The 21st ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, Maui Hawaii, USA, October 29-November 2, 2012.
Students at The University of Manchester, UK
- Mr. Alvertos Fiorantis (2015.9-present): Master student, working on Marketing-oriented recommender systems
- Ms. Ruiyang Gao (2015.9-present): Master students, working on diversified recommender systems
- Ms. Ruiyan Hu (2015.9-present): Master student, working on identify quality of answers in Question-and-Answer websites
Student at University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Mr. Gaurav Pandey (2015.9-present): PhD students, working on ranking-oriented recommender systems
- Mr. Denis Kotkov (2014.9-present): PhD students (co-supervised), working on serendipity in recommender systems
- Mr. Hancheng Jiang (2015.9-present): Master student, working on privacy-preserving data publishing for smart grid
- Ms. Mengcheng Li (2015.9-present): Master student, working on social media mining
- Ms. Menglan Ji (2015.9-present): Master student, working on recommender systems
- Mr. Pentti Koskela (2014.9-present): Master student, working on recommender systems
- Mr. Jaspreet Singh (2014.9-present): Master student, working on recommender systems
- Mr. Max Salminen: Bachelor thesis, graduated in 2015
|Last Modified: June 2, 2015