I work on FPGA virtualisation for Cloud computing, as a part of Advanced Processor Technology group at The University of Manchester and I am supervised by Dr. Dirk Koch and Dr. James Garside. My research focuses on transparent flexible resource sharing among accelerators for maximising resource utilisation along with aggregated throughput and reduced power consumption of the FPGA Clouds.
Words I like to live by:
People of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. - Leonardo da Vinci
Teaching assistantCurrently, I am also a teaching assistant and proivde support for labs, marking and teaching (in labs).
PhD in Computer Science
At The University of Manchester, on FPGA virtualisation for Cloud Computing as a President's Doctoral Scholar.Sep 2017 - Current
BEng (Hons) Computer Systems Engineering
At Univesity of Manchester with specialisation in Computer Architecture and System on Chip. The Final year thesis can be found here.Sept 14 - July 2017
Board member: School of Computer Science
Student representative on School board at University of Manchester.Oct 14 - Jan 17
ARM - Hardware Intern - Design and Verification
Part of Verification IP team working on AMBA protocols (CHI, ACE, AXI) and its future variants.July 16 - Sept 16
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Worked on Transport triggered and Dataflow Computer Architecture under Dr. Javier Navaridas.July 15 - Aug 15
- A. Vaishnav, J. R. G. Ordaz and D. Koch, "A security library for FPGA interlays," 2017 27th International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL), Ghent, 2017, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.23919/FPL.2017.8056817
Honours and Awards
- Given to top 3% of research students who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential.
- This prize is awarded to the student who has, in the opinion of the Examiners, performed with distinction throughout their degree programme in examinations, laboratories and projects relating to Computer Engineering.
- For the sterling performance of the team throughout the year in all coursework and challenges of Software Engineering.
- Awarded on the grounds of academic merit to a student who has shown commitment, determination, enthusiasm, personal application and promise.
- For Excellence in first year studies in academic year 2014-15. Given to top 5 students in the year.
- Learning about Psychology and Economics.
- Nature and Still life Photography using phone camera. (Catch me on Instagram for latest updates.)
- Playing chess.
- Long walks.